Part-time Floor Covering Instructor
The New York City District Council Carpenters Training Center is seeking a part-time floor covering instructor with a minimum of 10-15 years’ work experience with knowledge of means and materials used by commercial floor coverers in New York City.
- Organize and present program of practical and technical instruction on floor covering principals, means and methods, including demonstrations of skills required in trade, and lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology. Have a solid understanding of floor covering techniques in NYC.
- Plan and supervise work of apprentices, individually or in small groups. Observe apprentices and answer apprentice questions.
- Instruct apprentices in subject areas such as tool and equipment maintenance, building codes and regulations and safety precautions related to floor covering.
- Maintains inventory and equipment records within assigned classroom and work space.
- Assure that all students abide by the guidelines, policies and rules and regulations as set by the Carpenters Training Center.
- Test and evaluate achievement of students in technical knowledge and trade skills.
- Maintain attendance records, and task sheets. Add new projects in coordination with administration including any new products or technologies new to the market. Recommend or suggest changes for the improvement of the training program.
- Willingness and possess the ability to be cross trained in all areas in floor covering and health and safety courses.
- Must be a current floor coverer with 10-15 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of training theory and its practical application.
- Skilled in prioritizing and assigning work; preparing reports; adapting instruction to meet individual needs.
- Strong ability for speaking in public.
- Instructing journey level members, implementing course material, and maintaining cohesive multi-level group dynamics.
- Prior trade instruction is a plus.
- Must be willing to attend/fly UBC training classes in Las Vegas.
NYCCBF offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. The Fund Office is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. M/F/D/V Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.