The New York City District Council of Carpenters Training Center is seeking an Assistant Director to assist the Director of Training in maintaining the integrity of the Training Center in providing the best training for all apprentices and journey-level members. Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the full time and part-time instructors and manage the day-to-day functions of the Training Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all apprentice class scheduling to ensure graduation in four years.
- Supervise the administrative staff concerning maintaining apprentice records and schedules.
- Supervise, schedule and evaluate instructional staff.
- With the Director, coordinate curriculum development.
- Oversee and approve educational and material ordering and usage.
- Schedule all trade specific training; Local 825 and Local 15 for Rigging, Dockbuilder/Timberman, ITC Millwright training.
- Oversee/coordinate projects including specific District Council events, 4th year Apprentice Contest, and community volunteer projects.
- Develop vendor relationships with tool manufacturers and suppliers to enhance training and secure donation of tools/materials.
- Develop programs and seminars to introduce cutting edge developments in the construction industry (tools/materials/methods) being used in the field to our apprentices.
- Participate in the selection process of all new apprentices.
- Schedule instructor training sessions at the International Training Center in Las Vegas and special classes for signatory contractors.
- Schedule and give tours of the Training Center to pre-apprentice groups and high schools.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent Training Center at Eastern Seaboard Apprenticeship Conference, attend Department of Labor State Apprenticeship Council meetings as directed by Director.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Training to develop new programs, trainings and educational opportunities for the membership.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Knowledge and understanding of apprenticeship and skills training
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; talk and hear, in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment; reach with hands or arms. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
NYCCBF offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. The Funds are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability or genetic information. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.