From The New York City District Council of Carpenters Benefit Fund: (Click here for original post)
Office Will Operate Remotely and Continue to Service Membership Until it is Deemed Safe to Return
The Health of Our Members and Employees is Our Number One Priority
Due to ongoing concerns regarding the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout the United States, and particularly New York City, the New York City District Council of Carpenters Benefit Funds will be temporarily suspending normal operations at 395 Hudson Street, New York, NY, 10014, effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. At this time, the plan is to suspend operations for 10 business days (until Wednesday, April 1, 2020) and then re-evaluate the situation after that point. However, while our physical office is closed, please be assured that we will continue to service the membership through remote operations and functions. Here are some important facts you should know:
• We will continue processing and updating your Welfare coverage/eligibility while the Fund Office is closed.
• We will continue issuing pension benefit payments to all existing Retirees while the Fund Office is closed.
• The Fund Office’s website will continue to operate and post important updates at www.nyccbf.org. The website’s private Member Login portal will continue to function as well.
• The Fund Office will maintain a remote Member Services Call Center, which can be reached at (800) 529-3863. However, be mindful that we will be operating under extraordinary conditions and depending on call volume, wait times may be longer than normal. Please limit your calls to urgent matters only.
• The Fund Office’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system will be available for access during this time period as well.
• The Fund Office will also have an email address available to monitor inquiries. Questions and/or comments can be submitted to the Member Services Department • at email@example.com. Once again, be mindful that we will be operating under extraordinary conditions. We will do our best to reply to you in a timely manner.
• Please also note that the Carpenters Training Center (CTC) has suspended classes through at least Sunday, March 29th, at which point the situation will be re-evaluated.
This is an extraordinary occurrence and it is crucial that we all work together to help each other and achieve the common good. The Fund Office is focused on serving you and continuing to administer your benefits no matter the conditions we face. However, it is important to realize that we are functioning at a reduced capacity and it will be difficult to duplicate our normal service levels, especially given this is the first time the Fund Office is attempting to operate remotely. We ask that you please exercise patience as we endure this situation together.
For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to keep yourself and your family safe from infection, you can get the latest from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
We will be sure to contact you as soon as we know when the Fund Office will reopen and we can resume normal business operations.