Continuous Recruitment Scheduled for High-Rise Concrete
The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the New York City District Council of Carpenters will conduct a recruitment from February 14, 2018 to November 14, 2018, for High-Rise Concrete Carpenter apprentices.
Applications will be available at the NYCDCC Training Center, 395 Hudson Street (Clarkson Street entrance), New York City, NY, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., on the Second Wednesday of every month, during the recruitment period. There will be no admittance after 7:30 a.m. Only the applicant will be allowed to pick up an application and must have an accompanying Government-Issued Picture Identification Card. Applications will be available from 7:00am to 7:30am ONLY. The CTC will distribute as many applications as possible in the given time frame. In order to receive an application, applicants must provide government-issued picture identification. If the applicant does not have a valid ID, they will not be given an application. Once the application is obtained, the applicant must mail in the original completed application and must be post-marked within five (5) business days of original receipt of application. If an application is returned late or incomplete, the applicant will be disqualified from entrance into the apprenticeship program.
Applicants who completed their application properly and which have been received on time, will be mailed a letter stating such and will remain for two (2) years from the date of application. After two (2) years, the application will be discarded. Should the applicant wish to remain eligible for consideration into the program, he/she must obtain a new application. Once apprentices are needed, applicants who are selected will be mailed a letter to attend an initial applicant orientation. Applicants must arrive on time, or they will be disqualified from further consideration into the program. At the conclusion of the orientation, applicants will be scheduled for a personal interview at a future date and will be provided with an instruction sheet which will include a list of original documents that will be required if they are accepted into the program. Applicants who do not arrive on time to their scheduled personal interview, will be disqualified from further consideration into the apprenticeship program.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 17 years old at the time of offered employment.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED). Proof will be required after selection and prior to indenture.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade without posing a direct threat to the safety of themselves or others.
- Must pass a substance abuse screening, at the expense of the sponsor, within 48 hours of selection and prior to indenture. Applicants that do not pass the substance abuse screening will be notified and disqualified from further consideration.
- Must provide proof of any trade-related experience, certification, or education, after selection and prior to indenture.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the United States. Proof will be required after selection and prior to indenture.
- Must provide military discharge form DD-214, if applicable, after selection and prior to indenture.